Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Health Update


I'm back! As you may or may not know I recently had brain surgery to remove a glomus jugulare tumor from the base of my skull. The surgery was a success and I am know feeling pretty close to normal. I say pretty close to normal, because I did sustain some nerve damage as a result of the surgery. My right vocal chord, swallowing nerves and right shoulder are currently paralyzed. I realize that sounds bad, but I can talk, eat and move my arm. Just not as good as I normally would. The good news is that the voice can be improved with surgery. My swallowing is slowly improving and I am starting physical therapy to help with the shoulder soon.

My big fear was whether or not the surgery would have any impact on my ability to paint and draw. I gave it a test run the other day and it felt great. My shoulder has no affect on my painting other than it does get tired, but if I use a mahl stick to prop up my hand it's fine. Now I'm looking forward to getting on a regular painting schedule and covering all of the empty panels in my studio.


4 comments:

ISO Consultants Oman said...

Excellent work by painting.....Beautiful picture and thanks for sharing.....

gray said...

VERY GOOD NEWS TO HEAR. i am glad you are going to be ok dave. <3

Pierre Raby said...

Happy to know that your health improved after that surgery and also that you still follow your passion for painting. One step after another, take great care of yourself David!
I wish you a great recovery!

nancy said...

Nice pictures....Service Apartment Bangalore

Post a Comment